Appiah ready to battle GFA


Former Ghana boss Kwesi Appiah will be heading to court to get his due from the football association, Supersport.com reports.
The coach was controversially sacked last Friday and he has since been at variance with the FA about how much he is to receive in compensation.
The 54-year-old signed a new two-year deal after the World Cup which said he was due compensation if he was sacked, but while he believes he must be paid for the total amount left on his deal, the FA believes he is due just three months salary.
The Ghana FA has verbally confirmed his dismissal, and also published their decision on their website but the coach says he is yet to get an official letter.
“I haven’t received any letter from the GFA confirming my sack. If the letter comes to my end, I will just forward it to my lawyers, since they know how to interpret the laws well,” he told Metro TV.
Claims that Appiah’s sack was expedited by a clear of lack of dressing room control have been rubbished by the former boss, as well.
“I keep asking what (lost control of dressing room) does that mean?”
“To my understanding, if a coach loses control of the dressing room, that means that, whatever the coach tells the players, they don’t do it.”

Comments