Siasia declares: I’m ready to coach Eagles again


As the debate on whether Stephen Keshi’s stay in the Super Eagles should be renewed or not, former Nigeria coach, Samson Siasia has declared his readiness to return to the team if called upon.
Speaking exclusively with Newswatch Sports, the ex-Flying Eagles coach said he was ready to come back and continue from where he stopped.
Siasia declares: I’m ready to coach Eagles again“I have been there before and I did my best. Yes, I am always ready to come back and continue from where I stopped.  Honestly, I will be delighted to come back if the Nigeria football authorities need my services. I have learnt my lessons and this time round I am ready to shame my critics,” he boasted.
Siasia added he had an unfinished business with the Super Eagles and it would be a welcome development  to stage a return considering the circumstance under which he was sacked by the Nigeria Football Federation.

“I had no time to prove myself with the team. I was there for only 10 months, which was not enough. It takes time to build a good team. Of course it is a thing of pride to be the coach once again.
“I have always felt I’ve an unfinished business with the Super Eagles considering the way I left. We had a great team that I could have built on for the future, but I was denied the opportunity and I really felt bad about it.”
Meanwhile, Siasia has denied recent media reports that he held secret talks with the Nigeria Football Federation as a possible replacement for Keshi if eventually sacked.
“Which NFF are you talking about?” he asked.
“This is news to me.Nobody has discussed anything like that with me. May be they are talking about the NFF getting a new coach after its Congress.
“If they want me fine; if they don’t want me fine. I wish Keshi well and I have no grudges against him. He has done well for the country.”
Siasia was fired as Nigeria’s coach in October 2011 for failing to qualify Nigeria for the 2012 African Cup of Nations. Ironically Keshi was announced as his successor in a colourful ceremony in Abuja

Comments